Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chapter One

Organic sea trout, leek & mandarin dressing, hazelnuts and cold pressed rapeseed oil. This was the second course and my favourite the cured trout was amazing the texture was soft and succulent I would speculate that they used a liquid cure made with a very high quality vinegar, cane sugar and maldon sea salt the dressing was excellent the hazelnuts equally so there was a surprise in the form of Jerusalem artichoke purée lending an earthy quality but the star was defiantly the rapeseed oil it's mild slightly nutty flavour balanced the dish perfectly with out a hint of oiliness . It was a fab night and in my excitement I neglected to find out the Provence if the oil and I kept meaning to ring and find out but as it turned out I didnt have to as 2 weeks later kitty Colchester walked into our newly opened gourmet food shop on a sales call and Tony knowing how much I had raved about this oil sent her out to me in the hotel.

No comments:

newfoodie2012 Headline Animator